Healthy Food and Beverage Grant Project
The Healthy Food and Beverage Grant project is funded through the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. The focus of the grant is to increase access to healthy food and beverages through the Healthy Corner Store and Healthy Food and Beverage initiatives.
The Healthy Corner Store initiative is working with food retail stores in Pueblo to add healthy products to their inventory. The Healthy Food and Beverage imitative is working with other public venues, such as the Pueblo Zoo, to add healthier choices to a concession stand or café.
All Partners must complete the following activities:
- Partners must agree to a three (3) year commitment
Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment conducts surveys/assessments
- Store Owner/Manager Survey
- Customer Surveys
- Visual Assessment
- Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment will provide evidence-based recommendations to increase access to healthy food and beverages based on analysis of assessments
- Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment and partner determine initiatives for implementation (product placement, signage, equipment needed, etc.)
- Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment develops an action plan for implementation
- Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment evaluates and modifies the program based on success and challenges
Look for the Healthy Food and Beverage logo
at these locations:
Beulah General Store, 8869 Grand Ave., Beulah
Bounty and Yield (BAY’S) Meat Market, 2029 S. Pueblo Blvd.
City Park Concession Stand (by the Zoo), 3425 Nuckolls Ave.
El Centro del Quinto Sol Recreation Center, 609 N. Erie Ave.
Frank's Meat Market, 2000 Santa Fe Ave.
Katmando's General Store, 607 S. McCulloch Blvd. West
Mozo's Great American Hero's Restaurant, 1904 Lake Ave.
Natural Grocers, 101 W. 29th Street
Pueblo Community College Pueblo Joe's Café, 900 W. Orman Ave.
Pueblo Ice Arena, 100 N. Grand Ave.
Pueblo Zoo Safari Café @ Pueblo City Park
Sangre de Cristo Art Center, 210 N. Santa Fe Ave.
For more information call the Pueblo Department of Public Health & Environment at 719.583.4334.
Pueblo Alliance for Food Access-Is a group of individuals and organizations focused on the availability of affordable, healthy food for all Pueblo County residents. Through education and research, the community is expanding local partnerships to increase access to better food choices. For more information, call 719.583.4311.
Pueblo Food Finder-is a web site with information on local food pantries and other agencies/organizations that provide free food to Pueblo County residents. The site has locations, hours of operations, and qualifications for service. To become a partner, call 719.583.4311.