Non Emergency Medical Transportation Services
Non Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) services provides transportation to or from Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) medical appointments or services, and is only available when you have no other means of transportation.
|Types of Transportation Available|
|Mobility Van||Taxi Cab|
|Private Vehicle||Non emergency vehicle|
- The mode of transportation must be the least costly, most medically appropriate option.
- The appropriate mode of transportation is determined by your physician.
What additional services are available?
Meals and lodging may be covered under NEMT for overnight stays. Transportation, meals and lodging for an escort to accompany an at-risk adult or child may also be covered.
What types of transportation are not included?
Transportation anywhere other than a Medicaid medical appointment or service with an authorized Health First Colorado provider is not covered by this program.
Who is eligible?
Most Health First Colorado clients who have no other means of transportation may qualify.
Clients under the following Health First Colorado programs DO NOT qualify:
• Child Health Plan Plus(CHP+)
• Old Age Pension –State Medical Program (OAP SMP)
• Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
o Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)
o Qualified Individual – 1 Medicare (QI -1)
o Special Low Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB),
To apply for this program you must submit the following documents:
- Medical Certificate of Transportation Services, completed, signed and dated by your attending physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, therapist or licensed healthcare professional, along with Medical Transportation Request Declaration form signed by you.
- If you require care outside of Pueblo County the Medical Certificate of Transportation Services beyond 25 Miles form must also be completed.
All requested documents must be complete, signed and dated to determine eligibility. Documents are valid for six (6) months. Mail completed applications to NEMT, 320 W. 10th St, Suite 207, Pueblo CO 81003 or email to email@example.com, or fax to (719) 583-6174.
To request the documents by mail please call (719) 583-6924 or email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e- mail)
For your safety and security, please DO NOT include your social security number in any email or regular mail correspondence.
Once I have submitted all appropriate forms and have received notice that I qualify for this benefit, how do I schedule service?
You will call (719) 583-6924 or email email@example.com and provide the following information at least 3 (three) business days before your scheduled appointment.
- Birth Date
- Phone Number
- Member Identification Number
- Pick Up Location
- Name of Medial Provider
- Date and Time of Appointment